Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Guilt Trap

Photo by Gaur Codrin
You know those times when you just feel so bad about yourself you want to just hide from the world? We've all been there. When that happens I feel like the guy from the picture, just want to hide in my bed as long as I can! But I have come to realize that this guilt which distances us from what we love is just a trap.
Sometimes we limit ourselves from getting closer to God because we feel bad about ourselves, thinking we can actually hide from Him.
  Honestly the best thing to do when we feel this way is just to let it all out in His presence, doesn't matter how horrible or stupid we think our thoughts are, we need to let it all out and be completely open and honest to our Father. 
  There's not a better, more liberating feeling than leaving it all at His feet! Kind of like: "Hey God, so this is what's going on right now and honestly I can't handle it anymore, please take control, help me, because if I try to take matters in my own hands I'll probably go crazy!"   The conversation might go a little deeper than that or maybe it'll be even more casual, maybe what you're feeling is a lot of anger, or confusion, or maybe you just feel completely numb, the point is, no matter what it is, let it out and leave it in His hands. 

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-29 The Message 

No comments:

Post a Comment